Style and Elegance: How to Prepare the Cosmopolitan, an Unparalleled Cocktail
Its distinctive pink color and well-balanced blend of flavors make it a popular choice in bars and social gatherings.
The Cosmopolitan, famous for its elegance and bittersweet taste, is an iconic cocktail that has captivated mixology enthusiasts for decades. Its distinctive pink color and well-balanced blend of flavors make it a popular choice in bars and social gatherings. Keep reading to discover its recipe.
This iconic cocktail had its heyday in the 1980s, although its origins date back to the 1930s. However, it was in the 1980s that it experienced a true revival thanks to its prominent presence in renowned TV series and movies. This popularity propelled the Cosmopolitan to become a “must-have” in bars and restaurants around the world.
Recipe for the Cosmopolitan Cocktail:
The combination of vodka, orange liqueur, cranberry juice, and fresh lemon juice gives the Cosmopolitan a perfect balance between sweetness and acidity. The touch of orange liqueur adds depth to the flavor profile, while the citrus juices provide a refreshing twist.
- You will need 45 ml of vodka.
- Add 30 ml of orange liqueur, such as Cointreau.
- Also, include 30 ml of cranberry juice.
- Incorporate 15 ml of fresh lemon juice.
- Don’t forget to have ice on hand.
- For garnish, use orange peel.
- Gather everything you’ll need.
- Chill a martini glass in the refrigerator for a few minutes before starting.
- In a cocktail shaker, add the vodka, orange liqueur, cranberry juice, and lemon juice.
- Add a handful of ice.
- Place the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for about 15-20 seconds to mix the ingredients well and chill the mixture.
- Strain the mixture into the chilled martini glass, using a strainer to prevent ice from entering the glass.
- Express a strip of orange peel over the glass to release aromatic oils, then run the peel around the rim of the glass for garnish.